The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training in Plymouth.
The qualification has been developed for:
- Individuals (aged 19+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as gym-based fitness instructors and personal trainers in Plymouth
- Individuals considering a career in a gym-based environment such as a health club or leisure centre
- Individuals already working in the active leisure sector wishing to enhance their career progression opportunities
- Funded for ages 19 and over
- Plymouth Centre
- Accredited Qualification
Course Length: Complete at your own pace up to a maximum of 20 weeks
Type: Blended learning – Gym based practical (8 weeks) and e-learning (up to 20 weeks to complete)
- Personal tutor to support you through your qualification
- State of the art e-learning platform
- Choose your practical sessions around your personal commitments
- Rolling start - Apply today, start tomorrow
This qualification is open to all and no previous experience or qualifications are required, therefore there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercise, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved, so learners should have basic skills in these areas.